Bigger Better Movers, LLC
Policies & Limits of Liability
We know, it’s a lot to read. But it is very important information that we want to make sure every customer understands. Over the years we have run into all kinds of people who have asked us to do all kinds of things (even if it was a bad idea and we said so at the time). When we are on the clock we work for you, and will make every effort to do what you ask. However, please be advised that certain things you may ask for come with certain risks. Our policies are designed for your protection as well as ours.
- The customer or his/her representative must be present during the move and final “walk-through” after job completion.
- Payment is due at the time services are rendered. Upon job completion you may pay with cash, check, or credit/debit card. Cards do have a 3% fee.
- Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our company within 3 calendar days of your initial
move. Claims must be sent through the website by selecting the “customer service” tab under “more” and then the “damage claim” link. Before and after photos must be submitted with the claim. Time stamped photos are required. Photos must have been taken 24 hours prior from the date of the job taking place. Claims processing may take up to 60 days. Upon a customers signature at the completion of the job we reserve the right not to process a claim.
- We only move empty freezers/refrigerators.
- We only move empty aquariums. (This means empty of water, and also empty of creatures such as lizards, turtles and snakes.)
- Before each move the client has a duty to submit in writing a full itemized list of each item they would like moved. If any item is unaccounted for or cannot be found it will not be our responsibility to attempt to look for or compensate a client based on an items “disappearance”. Each move requires us to touch up to several thousand items and it is the clients responsibility to maintain an authorized representative on premise with our crew throughout the duration of the move.
- If you have a waterbed, sleep number bed, or own any other mechanical bed not to be considered standard assembly we will be glad to move it. However, we are not waterbed technicians. We will follow your instructions, but you must make a final inspection before our crew leaves. We will not send men out for later adjustments.
- If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, Bigger Better Movers, LLC reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule your move at any time, without liability and for any reason. This includes but is not limited to truck malfunction, inclement weather (rain, snow, ice, severe weather threats etc). Rescheduled appointments will not be placed ahead of our current work schedule and will be attended to at our next available convenience. Placing rescheduled appointments ahead of our current appointments will cause us to end up with more rescheduled appointments. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- We reserve the right to limit our work day to 10 hours. In certain cases, due to DOT hours of service rules for drivers, we may need to cut a job short or send a replacement driver to avoid violating those regulations.
- Our personnel will attempt to move your large and heavy items over 400 lbs If indeed the work can be done safely. We cannot guarantee moving anything over 400lbs and will not be responsible for any items over our weight limit. Occasionally, when moving these large items damage may result to your home or floor surfaces. If you wish to take this risk Bigger Better Movers will not be responsible. (SEE BELOW, LIMITS of LIABILITY #16.)
- We do not move large upright pianos or grand pianos up or down stairs. We may move smaller pianos for single level homes if the crew leader deems it a safe and reasonable undertaking. Small pianos with an extra soundboard will not be moved up/down stairs if the weight of the piano makes this an unsafe undertaking. If the piano has light weight legs (usually the front), we will not be responsible if they will not go back on if we take them off (sometimes the nut is loose inside the piano and will turn when you try to replace the leg). If the customer elects to leave the legs on, we will not be responsible if damage occurs to them.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways.
- We try to be as flexible as we can with scheduling. You may cancel your move at any time prior to our arrival with no cancellation fee.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC reserves the right not to do anything that we feel is unsafe.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not work in unfloored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. Bigger Better Movers, LLC assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
- You may move your own glass, porcelain, ceramics, or related items yourself. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for breakage and/or resulting damage to unpacked fragile items.
- For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
- We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws and DOT regulations. Click here for a list of some prohibited items.
- When moving household items, Bigger Better Movers, LLC has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lamp shades and wiring also become brittle and rotten. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items.
- Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but are not responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture. These items are excluded from any and all moving insurance coverage.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- Unless otherwise stated, Bigger Better Movers, LLC liability for lost or damaged items will be settled on a released value basis and limited to $.60 per pound per article. This includes but is not limited to any tools, machinery, electronics, art, furniture, flower pots, etc. The maximum claim amount to be paid towards any move will be no more than 15% of the total move.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall be responsible for the replacement of any lost items listed on an inventory page received by our office and inspected prior to your move. These are subject to the limits listed and agreed upon by both parties. Items not listed are not insured.
- The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer (PBO/packed by owner) and not inspected prior to move are not insured by Bigger Better Movers, LLC and is the responsibility of the customer.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic items such as, grandfather clocks, pianos, televisions, stereo equipment or any other piece of mechanical equipment (MCU/mechanical condition unknown). Damage to these items or cabinets and other surfaces of such equipment will be treated as stated in condition #1 above. When moving televisions we recommend that you purchase a box for transport. If you decline to purchase a separate box to transport the television you will be asked to sign a release of liability. Bigger Better Movers will not be responsible for any televisions transported without proper packaging. If damage occurs with proper packaging then our limits of liability would apply.
- Liability is limited to $50.00 for damage to floors, walls, doors, painted surfaces, furniture, electronics, and any other household good items. This also includes but is not limited to cosmetic damage to safes, tool boxes, and other similar items. Liability limit may be raised by written agreement of both parties prior to move.
- The right is reserved by Bigger Better Movers, LLC to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt any non-routine moving request.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for loss or damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as, but not limited to, lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for glass in any form or damage resulting from glass breakage unless special packaging has been purchased. This applies to porcelain and ceramic items, also.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC may use dollies to facilitate removal or placement of appliances, etc., and damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of Bigger Better Movers, LLC.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for damage to waterbeds or any subsequent damage. We claim no expertise as waterbed technicians.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, disassembly or assembly of said items and any special preparation required.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or in rental equipment and which Bigger Better Movers, LLC does not transport.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 400 lbs., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuffmarks, etc., are not the responsibility of Bigger Better Movers, LLC. If floor can be pulled by thumbnail, we are not responsible for damage. Bigger Better Movers, LLC may use water or soapy water to facilitate removal or placement of appliances.
- Any damage caused by incomplete floor areas, such as, but not limited to, subsequent damage to ceilings, will not be the responsibility of Bigger Better Movers, LLC.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will connect/disconnect washers/dryers, refrigerators for a fee. However, We make no representations that we are licensed plumbers or plumbing professionals. We recommend the client having a professional inspect our work within 24 hours to insure proper installation. Client agrees to hold Bigger Better Movers, LLC harmless for any connections and disconnections of this equipment effective immediately and forever on.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC is not responsible for the working condition of major appliances.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC is not responsible for dents or scratches on major appliances. They are covered by a thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dent and scratch.
- Bigger Better Movers, LLC will not repair or replace pressed board or simulated wood furniture. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws, since the screw threads have no real grain to imbed into, just crumbly pressed wood chips held together by some binding agent. It is not repairable and known to crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our absolute best to move it successfully for you. This type of furniture is specifically excluded from basic and increased insurance coverage.
QUESTIONS? CALL 405-595-9589
GET A MOVING ESTIMATE & QUOTE TODAY!
Bigger Better Movers, LLC
2410 W Memorial Rd Ste C116
Oklahoma City, OK 73134